- Telephone, written, and direct communication with clients
- Problem-solving for clients with a wide range of technical knowledge
- Using a documentation system for support requests
- Assisting clients during high-stress situations
- End-User and software vendor intermediary
- Installation and technical support of software and hardware components
- Research and Implementation of new and unfamiliar technology
- Documenting issues and creating guides for end-users and fellow technicians
- Managing users in Active Directory
- Mac OS X mixed-environment compatibility troubleshooting
- Analyzing technical logs to determine causes of issues
- Network troubleshooting (including wireless devices)
- Development of ideas in a cooperative environment
- Mindful of practical and physical constraints
- Using an established framework to create personal designs
- Constructive and specific artistic analysis
Microsoft Products: Office Suite, Active Directory, SQL Server Management Studio, Systems Center Essentials, Windows Deployment Services, Exchange, Windows Server Update Services, Group Policy Management, Dynamics GP 2010 Administration
Other: Acronis Deployment Console, Symantec Backup Exec, Untangle Web Content Filtering, Cymphonix Bandwidth Management, Numara Track-It! Documentation, Mediaspectrum ContentWatch CMS, Blox TCMS, Adobe Creative Suite, Sybase based DTI software for Classified Advertising, Oracle based DSI for Circulation department tasks
Staging and deploying Windows client operating systems, managing systems with Group Policy, familiarity with BIOS/firmware/drivers for Dell systems, printer/copier/fax troubleshooting, ROLM phone
Microsoft XP/Vista/7/8; Windows Server 2003/2008 R2; Mac OS X
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Truman State University 2007 (Concentration in Theory and Criticism)
Tribune Publishing Company (Columbia, MO)
Troubleshoot daily end-user issues (including general software use and hardware malfunction), project management of multi-departmental software upgrades, vendor/end-user intermediary, handling of on-call production critical IT issues, developing documentation designed for end-users and technicians, identifying weaknesses in current workflows and suggesting alternatives.
SJ Pottery (Bethel, MO)
May 2007-June 2008
Completed production-oriented tasks as needed, developed personal designs within an established artistic framework.
Truman State University ITS Hardware (Kirksville, MO)
September 2006-May 2007
Provided complex and ongoing technical computer support to faculty and staff members, general hardware troubleshooting, installed hardware and software components.
TECH SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Truman State University ITS Helpdesk (Kirksville, MO)
September 2005-September 2006
Tech support for clients via phone and email, assisted walk-in clients (students and faculty), worked with other technicians to solve problems related to networking and virus/malware issues.